With the recent return to office life, for many of us it can be difficult to keep your health and nutrition goals on track while juggling a long commute and busy schedule.
Trying to quickly produce something nutritious and tasty during the working day can sometimes seem impossible, but that doesn’t have to be the case!
Here is our nutritionist Niamh’s top tips for saving time in the kitchen and to help stay on track with your nutrition and health goals while back at the office.
1.Batch cooking can be a lifesaver! Make a double lot of dinners on Sunday evening and store in Tupperware containers in the fridge to use the next day or throw into the freezer for later in the week.
3.Plan in some time for meal prep each week! Making time to prepare meals and snacks for the week ahead will set you up for eating well when you’re pushed for time commuting to and from work.
5.Tinned foods such as lentils, beans and frozen veg/fruit can be a convenient and quick way to ensure you’re getting your fibre intake and hitting the 5-7 portions of fruit/veg each day.
6. Snacks- plan your snacks, make a list of healthy snack options that you can add to the shopping list and have near you at your desk in work. Have fruit/veg chopped up and in containers and pair with some hummus/pesto/yoghurt or a bag of nuts that you can grab a handful of if you're feeling peckish between meetings!
6.Treat yourself to a meal plan delivered straight to your door! This can help introduce more variety to your week and you can look forward to something that you’ve not have to think about.
7. Find some tools to help you deal with stressful days in work and that will avoid stress eating, for example phoning a friend, taking a walk or reading a book.
Corporate Wellness: How Nourishing your Workforce Can Optimize Work Performance
There have been numerous studies carried out in recent years to highlight how important the workplace can be in supporting and influencing the promotion of a healthy diet among employees. Ensuring employees are well nourished has been shown to lead to:
- Increased energy levels
- Better mood
- Better cognitive function
- Improved mental health
- Employee satisfaction
How can Gourmet Fuel help?
Gourmet Fuel offers fresh, locally sourced meals delivered to your workplace or the home. Benefits of ordering with us include:
- Work with you or your employees to easily achieve their nutrition goals
- No more guess work, hassle or waste
- Calorie Controlled Meals
- Something for everyone
- Delivery nationwide, 3 delivery options per week
- Zero food waste
- Accountability: We'll check on you or your employees so they are getting the results you want and deserve
- Nutrition consultations: Discuss with one of our expert nutritionists on how to improve your health and wellbeing with minimal resources and how to increase you or your employees overall performance at work.
Whether you're an employee who'd like to learn more about staying on track with your healthy eating while back to the office or an employer looking to empower your employees to make better choices at work, get in touch with us to discover more about how we can help you!